Today marks the first day of the new year. Yes I know, it’s not the 1st of January but today is the start of the 2012-13 cycling season for me, as today I’ll be embarking on a new training plan (more on that in another blog post). I thought it would be nice to look back over the last year, just briefly, with a few statistics and pictures!
- Total Miles: 9000
- Total Hours: 500
- Average Speed: 18 mi/h
- Longest Week: 20 hours / 350 miles
- Longest Month: September / 51 hours / 900 miles
- British Cycling Results: 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 10th, 10th, 12th, 14th
- Races Entered: 12
- British Cycling Points: 28
- Money “Earned”: £80
- Average Race Speed: 23.8 mi/h
- Race of the Year: http://app.strava.com/activities/16677379
- Ride of the Year: http://app.strava.com/activities/16301097
The best moment of my racing season was my win at the 4th category criterium at Hetton-le-Hole.
The lowest moment was falling off, on the same course, only a few weeks later! At least it was warm!
Picture of the year:
This picture shows me in my best form of the season (little did I know it then). This race, near Harrogate, was a nervous one, especially in the last mile. As racers ditched themselves in the verge, and others shouted, I remained calm…and as the road started to get steeper I pressed down on the pedals. For one of the only times this year I felt fast, quickly passing others and coming home in third – what a day!
Now next year begins, with even more hopes and dreams. Bring. It. On.